Technology that helps connect us with loved ones
As we move into what looks to be the second wave of COVID-19, staying apart for the wellbeing of our loved ones will again become imperative. But social distancing does not mean isolation. Technology has become a smart and easy way for us to stay connected.
While no technology takes the place of in-person human interaction, it offers a safe alternative when visits with friends and family are limited. Here is a list of reliable internet-based mediums that help us keep in touch remotely:
Skype is free software that enables users to make free video and voice one-to-one or group calls from your mobile, computer or tablet.
How do I get Skype?
- Download the latest version of Skype.
- Select your device and start the download.
- Launch Skype after installation is complete.
- You can sign in to Skype with a Skype name, e-mail or phone.
- To add a contact, search the name or email of the person you want to chat with.
How do I use Skype?
If you already have a Microsoft account:
- Open Skype and click or tap Skype name, e-mail or phone.
- Enter your Skype name, e-mail or phone and select Sign In.
- Enter your password and select the arrow to continue with Sign In.
- Note: You can select whether or not you would like Skype to remember your sign-in information.
If you don’t have a Microsoft account:
- Start Skype and click or tap Sign Up.
- Microsoft will take you through the process of creating a new account.
You can use FaceTime video calling over Wi-Fi or cellular data on supported iOS or iPadOS on Apple-made devices.
How do I set up FaceTime on my Apple device?
- Tap the gear icon on your home screen to access your device’s settings.
- Scroll down by sliding a finger upward on the screen, and tap FaceTime.
- If the FaceTime slider is green, it has been enabled. If not, slide the toggle to the right to enable FaceTime.
- Tap Use Your Apple ID for FaceTime and sign in to your Apple account using your e-mail address and password.
- Select or deselect which e-mail address(es) associated with your Apple ID you want to use for FaceTime. This will be your caller ID.
How do I use FaceTime?
- Make sure FaceTime is properly set-up on your device. Newer Apple devices should have it pre-installed.
- Tap the FaceTime icon on your home screen to launch the app.
- In the app, tap the plus button and type the person’s phone number or email address.
- Tap the number or address, then tap Audio or Video.
- You can also tap the FaceTime icon in the Phone app to switch to FaceTime.
- You can view a list of your FaceTime call history in the app.
Google Duo is a free service that allows users to make video calls to family, friends and anyone else even if they have a different device.
How do I get Google Duo?
- Before you set up Google Duo, you will need a valid phone number and access to a phone that can receive SMS messages.
- Download Google Duo from Google Play Store or the Apple AppStore.
How do I use Google Duo?
- Open the Google Duo app by tapping the new icon on your screen.
- Verify your phone number. If you skip this step, you can only receive calls from people who you’ve previously called.
- After reviewing, choose to accept Google’s Terms & Conditions.
- To use Google Duo across multiple platforms you will need to sign-up or sign-in to your Google Account.
- Note: If you use Gmail, then you will already have an account with Google.
Seasons team members have been working diligently to make sure residents remain engaged and connected with technology amid these new and challenging times, which includes hosting video call sessions to help residents keep in touch with loved ones. Follow us on social media to see more examples of how we’re making a difference in the lives of our residents.
Personal Visits resume at Seasons
It pleases us to be able to offer personal visits to our retirement communities. Rest assured all visits are scheduled in accordance with COVID-19 safety protocols. Book a personal tour today to decide if Seasons is the right fit for you or a loved one. Please complete our contact form and we will contact you to arrange a visit or other convenient technology-based alternatives that might suit you better.