COVID-19 Update Mar 13, 2020: How Seasons is Managing COVID-19
March 13, 2020
We at Seasons take the health and safety of our residents and team members very seriously.
To enhance the protection of our residents, staff and visitors from COVID-19 transmission, all Seasons Retirement Communities have implemented heightened precautionary protocols. We are following the advice of Health Canada, the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC), Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care, the Retirement Home Regulatory Authority (RHRA) and Alberta Health, as well as communicating with local Public Health authorities in our communities.
We have implemented the following:
- Essential Visitors Only. In order to ensure a safe and healthy environment for staff and residents, we will only allow essential visitors until further notice. The Ministry of Health has defined “essential visitors” as those who have a very ill family member. We will reevaluate this protocol in the coming weeks and ensure consistency with enhanced public health measures. We know these restrictions can be hard on residents and families. Please see our blog article on ways to stay connected to elderly loved ones during this time.
- Monitoring Travel. Seasons requires staff to advise their supervisor of any travel plans and provide travel itineraries. We require team members to self-isolate if they feel they may have been exposed to, or are at risk of having the virus, or who have traveled internationally within the last 14 days.
- Enhanced Cleaning Routines. Infection control protocols for increased cleaning of high touch point areas. Hand sanitizer will be readily available in key amenity areas.
- Additional Education. All residents and team members have received a COVID-19 prevention poster and residents will be participating in a proper hand-washing tutorial.
- Fun Programs. We have cancelled all public events, such as our Spring Open House, to control large groups of the general public from entering our homes. So long as we are not in outbreak, small group events with our own residents will continue. We are strongly encouraging residents to reschedule non-essential appointments and outings.
We will continue to update this information as we update our precautionary protocols.